Sunday, December 7, 2008

Such a cool weekend

It was Revelation 6 this weekend. I said this when I was teaching through Genesis too, but Revelation is officially my favorite book that I've ever taught through. I haven't made it anywhere close to teaching through the whole Bible, but I'd love to one day. Anyway, this weekend was Revelation 6 - the beginning of the end. Jesus, the Lamb who was slain, begins to open up the seven seals on the scroll that is the title deed to the earth. Each time a seal is broken, a new facet of God's judgment is poured out on those who have rejected Christ. It gets really bad. REALLY bad. I called the message "Why You Don't Want to be on God's Bad Side" and we looked at how God viewed sin. It was a bit of a heavy message as I talked about what would happen in the end - worldwide famine, disease, murder, earthquakes, meteorites, etc. That kind of stuff fascinates me. I even did a couple hours of research (I wish I would have had more time) on NASA's website and other scientific sites learning about the earth, meteorites, and what a large meteorite could do to the earth. I also talked to Gary Hook, a friend who works on the base testing weapons of mass destruction. I asked him what his job title was and he said "Deputy Director, Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction Test Division Defense Threat Reduction Agency." WHOA. I asked him about the possibility of annihilating 1/4 of the world's population as it talks about in Revelation 6:7-8. He named off about 7 countries (and there are more) that currently possess weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and he said there are currently enough weapons out there to annihilate ALL of the earth's population! Wow. I could go on and on about all of that - as you can probably tell - the scientific part of it really fascinates me. However, the highlight of the weekend had to be that 9 students accepted Christ! How cool. It always blows my mind and humbles me that God uses me to bring people into His kingdom! They will always look back on that one day, that one message, with that one tall guy as the the day they surrendered their life to Christ! How cool. It was a great weekend, thankfully Chapter 7 is a breath of fresh air from all the slaughtering when we see the 144,000 Jews who were sealed and the multitude of people who get saved even during the Tribulation!
If you're interested in hearing the message, go here. You can also subscribe to our audio podcast in iTunes or the video podcast.

No comments: