Sunday, April 19, 2009

Special guest speaker...Kevin?!

That's right. I was my own guest speaker on Sunday. I got a call on
Saturday morning that the pastor of Calvary Santa Fe was sick and they
wanted me to go teach for him. So, I studied for Revelation 20 as
planned, and since we can't afford to miss another weekend in
Revelation if we're going to finish on time, we video taped the
service from Saturday and played it back on Sunday morning. So while I
was teaching in Santa Fe twice, I also taught 50 miles away in
Velocity! It must be some weird time-space continuum thing or something.
From what I hear, it went really well...although I wouldn't know
because I wasn't there!

Revelation 20 sure was a crazy chapter though. Never before had we
seen God display His merciless judgment as He did then. After
thousands of years of chances, He finally throws Satan and ALL those
who rejected Him who ever lived into hell for eternity. Pretty awesome
to know sin is dealt with, but pretty sobering to think we may know
some of the people who were judged and thrown into hell!

We'll take next weekend off for The Weekend (sign up at http://www.theweekendabq.org
if you haven't yet), then we'll get our first glimpse into "The
Eternal State" in heaven in Revelation 21! It's almost over...

No comments: